[Dixielandjazz] Cottage for Sale

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:11:31 EDT

In a message dated 05/06/02 03:45:20 GMT Daylight Time, JimDBB@aol.com writes:

<<  Everyone (who matters) knows "Cottage For Sale," but it's played too
 > seldom by OKOM bands.  Again, the lyrics are superb, but by Willard (I
 > think??

    The lyrics to "Cottage for Sale" are among the most poignant ever
written.  >>

Good tune but I always jibe at the middle eight which is more or less the
same as  `My Mothers Eyes`. Unfortunately is is difficult to play the tune
without thinking of the lyrics of  MME which with `My Yiddishe Momma` must be
the most schmaltzy lyrics ever recorded.

Cheers

Pat

PS For the Brits. Except, `Did you think I would leave you dying
                                      When there`s room on my horse for two.

                                      Good Old Rolf!