[Dixielandjazz] Record shops in London, UK.

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 05:12:53 EDT

Hi Glen,

I think there is a distinct shortage of any record shops in London with any
OKOM. Ray Records in Shaftesbury Avenue in the centre of London has just
closed down which leaves only Mole Jazz in King's Cross and the last time I
called in there their stock wasn't too good except for the more modern
variety of the music. Better than nothing though!

Regarding venues difficult to say without dates. The 100 Club in Oxford
Street still has traditional jazz on Wednesday eveinings and there are a
number of free pub sessions throughout the week dotted around plus sessions
slightly further out. For more details I will need dates etc.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.