[Dixielandjazz] Overlooked jazz tunes

glen page dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 01:06:17 -0700

To John and others interested.

I have a tape  of a group calling themselves "Mardi Gras" that contains
Chant Of The Tuxedos, it was recorded by Radio Trent, Outside Broadcasts at
the Peacock Inn, Red Mile, Vale of Belvoir, ( pronounced Beaver) in Feb
1985.I have no idea who the leader was, or as Acker would say, the Titular
Head.It was probably a festival band or a one off as the person who sent the
tape this way, the late John Featherstone who was very much in the know
about these things had never heard of them either prior to or subsequent to
this.

In keeping with your mention of Cuff Billet he is indeed the tpt. player.
The balance of the personnel is as follows.
Dave Essien, clt. Eric Brierly, tbn. Granville Edwards, tnr. John Clarke,
pno. Mickes Ashman, bs. Norm Emberson, dms.
Matin Bornmann bjo.

The music is first class, perhaps if you know any of these folks, Ashman and
Emberson for sure, you may be able to find a copy.

Cheers, Glen Page.