[Dixielandjazz] Re: Clarinets

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:39:42 EDT

--part1_44.20d616e2.2a2eb7ce_boundary

       Evan Christopher, John Allred, Jon-Erik Kelso, Johnnie Varro, and I
believe Ron Mueller played here in Sarasota and they used the local drummer,
Mike Moran. I had never heard Evan play before and was greatly impressed by
his having a voice of his own, though he obviously could compete with anyone
for a classical tone. Also he played his---off. What was really nice about
the concert is that Mike Moran, a local drummer who had a bad stroke about
nine years ago played with them. The Docs had told Mike that he would never
play again. Mike started out just hitting alternate sticks--one, two, three,
four, and continued that for about three years. He made his way back to
playing great. He is a time keeper, listener, type of player, very
unobtrusive but driving. It made me very happy to see him have the chance to
play with these guys.
       More than you were asking about but just a chance for me to tell about
Mike. chuck

--part1_44.20d616e2.2a2eb7ce_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Evan Christopher, John Allred, Jon-Erik Kelso, Johnnie Varro, and I believe Ron Mueller played here in Sarasota and they used the local drummer, Mike Moran. I had never heard Evan play before and was greatly impressed by his having a voice of his own, though he obviously could compete with anyone for a classical tone. Also he played his---off. What was really nice about the concert is that Mike Moran, a local drummer who had a bad stroke about nine years ago played with them. The Docs had told Mike that he would never play again. Mike started out just hitting alternate sticks--one, two, three, four, and continued that for about three years. He made his way back to playing great. He is a time keeper, listener, type of player, very unobtrusive but driving. It made me very happy to see him have the chance to play with these guys. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; More than you were asking about but just a chance for me to tell about Mike. chuck</FONT></HTML>

--part1_44.20d616e2.2a2eb7ce_boundary--