[Dixielandjazz] Re: Changes in the List

Tony Davis dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:48:43 +0100

The most alarming change in the way the list server operates is that it no
longer filters out HTML format.

Previously, when someone sent a message in HTML format it was automatically
either  converted or deleted by the list server software, and this was
indicated by the message "-- Attached file included as plaintext by
Listar --" or "-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --".  This no
longer happens, and it is apparent that several people are sending messages
in HTML.  Now I'm afraid I'm going to shout.

DON'T DO IT!  DO NOT SEND MESSAGES TO THE LIST IN HTML FORMAT!!  USE PLAIN
TEXT!!!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, or don't know how to change to
plain text, or don't even know whether you are using plain text or HTML, get
a friend to explain it to you.  I can only advise those of you who are using
Outlook Express - click on "Tools", then "Options", then "Send", and make
sure that where it says "Mail Sending Format" you have "Plain Text"
selected, not "HTML".

--
Tony Davis
Trumpet/Cornet, Zenith Hot Stompers