[Dixielandjazz] Overlooked jazz tunes /Blue Lou

john Petters dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:46:38 +0100

Don said
>    Blue Lou. Once a big band staple, but long neglected.

I have just recorded this with my swing band:- Cuff Billett, trumpet, Trevor
Whiting, sax & clarinet, Nick Dawson (aged 27), Andy Kuc guitar )also in his
20s) and Keith Donald, bass.
The Cd will be called "Keeepin' Out of Mischief" and features a couple of
other non hackneyed pieces including Deep Blue Melody,  which Cuff learned
from Alvin Alcorn, Jazz Me Blues, played a  a slow Blues, and Montmatre, a
title from the great Rex Stewart /Django session.
It is always good to play tunes that are a bit unusual, and working with
this line-up is a dream
keep swinging
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ