[Dixielandjazz] Re: Coronation

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:22:04 EDT

In a message dated 04/06/02 05:54:22 GMT Daylight Time, JimDBB@aol.com writes:

<< Well in spite of all the adverse pre-judgements I have just finished
 > watching
 > the 'Pop Party in The Palace' and it was an event at which I wish I had
 > been!
 >
 > When us Brits organise a party we sure do know how to do it!
 >
 > Musical content - Plenty - but not of the DJML type!
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Jerry,
 > Norwich,
 > U.K.

    We haven't seen that one here in the colonies. The classical concert was
 superb.   I was hoping to see a parade with lots of military bands and Pomp
 and Circumstance,

    JIm beebe

Hi Jerry and Jim

I saw the whole `pops` thing, (Wendy insisted,) through an open doorway while
superintending the BBQ.

The whole thing was well done, if you really do have to get a string of
performers on and off stage in quick time.
Lighting man should get a medal, ditto the stage management. The sound man or
the guy on the mixer board should be dragged off in chains. None of the
individual mics. seem to transmit a good clear signal.
Phil Collins did a first class job. Ruby Wax was her usual unfunny self and
had to resort to shouting `That was a joke` at the audience.Good grief! Why
her?
Where were Humph, Ball,Bilk,and Barber. All of whom have been around for most
of the last 50 years. Surely there was a spot for them when they gave repeat
spots to some johnny come lately who had only been around for about 3 years
and has never been heard of since 1970.

No pomp and ceremony Jim. That is today ,Tuesday. The full bit, Coronation
coach and a million people lining the route.

Cheers

Pat