[Dixielandjazz] chops

Ron Going dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 10:51:27 -0500

Hi Jim,
I hope you recover soon.
I had a similar experience  a few years back, but with a clarinet. We
were playing for a Harbor Cruise Party boat in the L.A./ Long Beach
harbor. A very crowded boat on a hot summer night and the band in
tuxedos.  The place was very crowded and one of the dancers backed into
the bell of my horn, starting to shove it down my throat. The
penetration stopped when the ligature reached my teeth, on the other
side of my lip. I no longer play with my eyes closed unless I know that
no one will be anywhere near that close.
Best,
Ron