[Dixielandjazz] Re: Coronation

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 07:17:46 EDT

In a message dated 03/06/02 03:23:54 GMT Daylight Time, res0a3qw@verizon.net
writes:

<< Would love to know if Elton John, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton will be
 playing.  Love them all. >>

Hi Rebecca,

7.30 God Save the Queen performed by Brian may of QueenH e will be joined by
surviving members of Queen, Roger Taylor,John Deacon, Phil Collins Plus
Symphony Orch for a selection of Queen Classics.
7.50 Lenny Henry,Ben Elton,Dame Edna and Rick Martin who will perform his two
hits, The Cup of Life and La Vida Loca withg girl trio Mis-Teeq
7.55 Motown Medley. Phil CollinsBaby Spice, Atomic Kitten.
8.15 Piercs Brosnan and Shirley Bassey.
8.20 Bryan Adams
8.25. S Club 7 with Bryan May and Cliff Richard
8.35. Ozzy Osbourne plus Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath.
9.15 Goodness Gracious Me. This is a very popular radio and TV show written
and performed by Indians (from India)  which is quite daring as they poke fun
at their own  `more than British`  ways. This is a special request by the
Queen who is a fan of the creator, Meera Syal. She gave her the MDE recently.
9.20 Elton John
9.25 Ruby Wax (good grief!) Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, The Corrs.
9.35 Joe Cocker,Brian May. Steve Winwood singing With a little help from my
friends.
9.40 Ray Davies. He used to front The Kinks
9.45 Tom Jones. Blue (They are a boys band)
9.50 Rod Stewart
9.55 Annie Lennox. Former Eurythmics star
10 Paul MacCartney,Eric Clapton, The Corrs
10.25 All performers re group and sing that awful,banal,interminable dirge
All you need is love (Ta ta tatata)
10.30 Prince Charles will make a speech with three cheers for the queen.
10.45. The Queen will light the Golden Jubilee Beacon completing a chain of
1800 beacons worldwide. I shall be able to see one of them from my house, if
it stops raining.

After typing that lot out for Rebecca I thought that there may be a few
others who may feel like dabbling in nostalgia so I have sent it to the list.
May I be forgiven.

Musical Content. None whatsoever as far as I can see.

Cheers

Pat