[Dixielandjazz] Re: Coronation

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:58:28 EDT

--part1_b4.c63bb94.2a2be0f4_boundary

jpettjazz@btinternet.com writes:

> Pat said
> > Incidentally there is a pop concert for 12000 guests at the Palace on
> Monday
> > night featuring a collection of rock and roll,garage,hip hop or whatever
> > passes for music with the younger set these days. That will be attended
> by
> > Princes Harry and William.
> So What!!!
> Where is the recognition for British Jazz (or jazz of any description) in
> the jubilee revellries? Maybe jazzers are still a subculture. With the
> amount of money spent on last nights Classical concert (which was very
> good)
> and the amouut to be frittered on Monday night, I would have thought that a
> few crumbs could have been sprinkled in the direction of some jazz events.
> John Petters
> Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ

    Good point.  Certainly Humphrey Lylleton who is respected world wide
would fit.  He is a major figure who is an outstanding trumpeter, ,
bandleader, jazz scholar, radio presenter among other things..

    The classical concert was outstanding and the 12 yeard old clarinetist
was superb.

    JImdbb

--part1_b4.c63bb94.2a2be0f4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/2/02 2:44:14 PM Central Daylight Time, jpettjazz@btinternet.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Pat said<BR>
&gt; Incidentally there is a pop concert for 12000 guests at the Palace on<BR>
Monday<BR>
&gt; night featuring a collection of rock and roll,garage,hip hop or whatever<BR>
&gt; passes for music with the younger set these days. That will be attended by<BR>
&gt; Princes Harry and William.<BR>
So What!!!<BR>
Where is the recognition for British Jazz (or jazz of any description) in<BR>
the jubilee revellries? Maybe jazzers are still a subculture. With the<BR>
amount of money spent on last nights Classical concert (which was very good)<BR>
and the amouut to be frittered on Monday night, I would have thought that a<BR>
few crumbs could have been sprinkled in the direction of some jazz events.<BR>
John Petters<BR>
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Good point.&nbsp; Certainly Humphrey Lylleton who is respected world wide would fit.&nbsp; He is a major figure who is an outstanding trumpeter, , bandleader, jazz scholar, radio presenter among other things..&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The classical concert was outstanding and the 12 yeard old clarinetist was superb.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; JImdbb</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b4.c63bb94.2a2be0f4_boundary--