[Dixielandjazz] Gobble De Gook

Jerry Gordon dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 09:37:05 -0400

On Sat, 01 Jun 2002 09:22:44 -0400 Stephen Barbone
<barbonestreet@earthlink.net> writes:
> Now that we are slowly getting used to the new list (Thank you Bob
> Ringwald) can we figure out how to eliminate the trash like that
> below which seems to invade some message posts?
>

> </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"
> SIZE=2
> FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I had Brian in my band
> some
> years ago. In the 60's, I
> believe. I had brought Clancy Hayes in to Dayton for what ended up
> as an
> 10-12 week gig.
> </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"
> SIZE=3
> FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>

I don't think the GDG (Gobble de Gook) has anything to do with the list.
I think it's someone sending in html rather than plain text. I also think
it depends on the recipient's email reader whether or not it will look
like GDG.

Regarding the REPLY feature: In juno, whenever replying to a message, you
have the choice of "reply to sender only" or "copy all recipients". When
you select sender only, it goes to the list. If you copy all recipients,
it still goes to the list, plus another copy also goes to the list. This
provides us the opportunity to not only send to all something intended
for one, but alos to do it twice. Isn't that handy??    :-)

Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY - Web master for
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/cbs
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/jazz
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/lions