[Dixielandjazz] Big Butter and Egg Men

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:50:56 -0400

Fascinating discussion of these "high rollers". I think the conclusion
we might draw is the the use of the Jazzspeak in the USA is full of
nuances and reversals. Jazzspeak is indeed difficult to fathom and we
must look past our own literal limitations.

The Big Butter and Egg Man referred to by Armstrong is not a poor dirt
farmer, but a high spending, unsophisticated, wannabe swinger. Every
woman's dream. Perhaps a poor dirt farmer is a Little Butter and Egg
Man?  ;-)

Hint: Jazzspeak equals phone sex talk, before we got so explicit.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone