[Dixielandjazz] Banjo players

David Richoux tubaman@wombat.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:56:28 -0700

AND Banu Gibson (when she is not singing or leading her band) and Don Vappie, Dave
Cotter and Ken Keeler  and a whole lot more I am obviously forgetting - there are
very many good and even great banjo folks out there in OKOM and I think it would not
be the same without them.

and coming from a tuba player I think that is high praise indeed!

if they can keep the chords correct, the rhythm strong and can also whip off an
interesting solo now and again I am more than satisfied, but the added personality
and song knowledge of the above mentioned players is what puts them into the "great"
category for me.

But then again, I also like accordion players in some situations... :-)

Dave Richoux