[Dixielandjazz] THE POWER OF OKOM

Peter De Bruyn p.debruyn@incredibel.be
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:19:08 +0200

> Russ wrote:
> With a guitar instead of a banjo, do you really sound like Tra Dixieland
> or,
> more like a swing band with a swing jazz feel?
>
> Oops!  Here we go again.  Do we have to have a banjo to be a Dixieland
> band?
>
> Jim

You should be able to "swing", either You consider your band OKOM, Dixieland
or NO, with or without a banjo, with or without a guitar.
You just need some good musicians, having the same mood and feeling for the
music. Then is isn't that important if You do have or don't have the
classical line-up of instruments.
Sammy Rimington used to play "I want to be happy" on a flute  ! Swings like
hell.

Cheers ,

Peter De Bruyn Sr