[Dixielandjazz] THE POWER OF OKOM

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:03:26 -0400

List Mates:

Following is an e mail I received today from a music concert producer in
Eastern Pennsylvania, USA.
He heard us at Turk's Head Music Festival on Sunday, July 21 in West
Chester PA. We were one of 11 bands performing that day, and the only
OKOM, each doing a 45 minute set. Total attendence was 8000-10000
people. We played 6 OKOM tunes and as posted before were really on.

I post this not so much to brag, as to point out the tremendous
potential that exists for swinging OKOM in a general audience venue, and
among music event producers. The writer produces a general music series,
in an large outdoor setting and if we get together, we will be the first
OKOM band to participate. Have deleted the venue so as not to encourage
competitive bids. Will make it public if desired after we book it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Dear Steve Barbone

I was at the Turks Head Music Festival on Sunday and was absolutely
blown away by the Barbone
Street Jazz Band.  You literally almost brought me to tears you were so
good!

I am writing today to find out some booking information for your band.
I work for the ................
Amphitheater Foundation in ............, PA  and I am going to push,
push, push to have you guys be
one of the featured performers in our 13 week summer concert series next
year.  Do you have a CD
and promotional material that you could send to me to present to my
Programming Committee?
Also, could you give me an idea of what your performance fee would be
for the 6-piece outfit I saw
on Sunday?

Thanks again for providing the incredible (but too short!) set on
Sunday.  You were by far the BEST
band on that stage all day.

I'm planning on coming down to the Iron Hill Brewery next Thursday to
see you again - I'll try to
introduce myself then...

Thanks, Steve - I look forward to hearing from you soon.