[Dixielandjazz] Ballrooms

BillSargentDrums@aol.com BillSargentDrums@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:43:16 EDT

--part1_fd.1b1783a8.2a6f6034_boundary

<<I'm going to be starting a research project this fall on ballrooms, past
and present.  >>

By all means, the Indiana Roof in Indianapolis should rank as one of the most
beautiful ballrooms around. I play there often. They've got a door from the
"old days" there where a couple of employees rated all the bands that
performed there.

The Col Ballroom in Davenport where you hear folks behind you on the stage
and nobody's there. It's a sound reflection from the other end of the
ballroom that allows you to listen to individual conversations 75 feet in
front of you.

The Willowbrook in Chicago, The Avalon on Catalina, The Waldorf in NY, The
Pla-Mor in Lincoln NE, The Park Ponderosa in McFarland WI, The Surf in Iowa,
The Riverside in Green Bay WI, of course, the Palomar, The Peabody in
Memphis,  . . .

Many there have just been so many ballrooms . . . I've forgotten most.

--part1_fd.1b1783a8.2a6f6034_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">&lt;&lt;I'm going to be starting a research project this fall on ballrooms, past and present.&nbsp; </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">&gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
By all means, the Indiana Roof in Indianapolis should rank as one of the most beautiful ballrooms around. I play there often. They've got a door from the "old days" there where a couple of employees rated all the bands that performed there.<BR>
<BR>
The Col Ballroom in Davenport where you hear folks behind you on the stage and nobody's there. It's a sound reflection from the other end of the ballroom that allows you to listen to individual conversations 75 feet in front of you.<BR>
<BR>
The Willowbrook in Chicago, The Avalon on Catalina, The Waldorf in NY, The Pla-Mor in Lincoln NE, The Park Ponderosa in McFarland WI, The Surf in Iowa, The Riverside in Green Bay WI, of course, the Palomar, The Peabody in Memphis,&nbsp; . . .<BR>
<BR>
Many there have just been so many ballrooms . . . I've forgotten most.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>