[Dixielandjazz] Great gigs

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:50:05 +0200

Steve wrote:
How many more "Great Gigs" are out there in the OKOM world? Probably
more than we realize. Perhaps we fear to post them because they might be
viewed as "commercial" by the purists?

I think, perhaps, that they don't get posted because it might sound like
one is bragging.  I worried a bit about that before writing yesterday,
but the wine I had downed earlier watered down my common sense!
Besides. What's a little bragging between friends?    :>

Really, it would be fun to hear about other people's gigs.  The
"commercial" bit that Steve mentions isn't any concern of mine.  If our
music is not commercial, then we wouldn't be working much.  I feel that
I can slip in a really good bit of jazz from time to time in between the
more commercial numbers.  Anyway, I have fun being commercial.  It's not
really a concern of mine.

Jim