[Dixielandjazz] Electric Bass amp position

Mike Marois MikeMarois@HireLiveMusicians.com
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 14:27:01 -0500

James;

I'd have to agree that the resonance is the reason I like the bass amp on
the floor at big venues.  At the smaller venues I tend to put the amp on a
chair and lean it back about 30-45 degrees.  This seems to fill the room
without slamming the audience directly in the face.  Last night I played an
outside venue which had a big covered porch.  The entire band was mic-ed
through the sound system but they ran out of mics when they got to me.   So
I pulled out my trusty wooden stool and planted it squarely upon the planks
of the porch.  There was enough space below the porch to give the tuba the
boost I needed to blend with the amplified band.

Mike Marois
Tuba/Computer Guru
http://www.HireLiveMusic.com
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com