[Dixielandjazz] Doubling bass - Buddy Apfel

Charlie Hull Charlie Hull <charlie@easysounds.com>
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:58:30 -0700

Buddy and his lovely spouse, Sue, are living and working in Carson City,
Nevada, withing gig-drive distance of Tahoe and Reno.  He's a solid player
on both bass and tuba.  In the six wonderful years he played with my K
Street Ramblers, he was never stumped on a standard tune.  With all his road
experience, he knew them all -- any key.

I haven't talked with him since the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee and don't know
if he's hooked up with a band yet, but he certainly should be.

Charlie Hull