[Dixielandjazz] Give yourself a little more credit

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:37:49 -0400

Nancy Giffin wrote: (polite snip from a wonderful post, do not take out
of context if answering mine)

"but it'd be nice, instead, if you could all just pat yourselves on the
back for knowing as much as you do.
Give yourselves more credit for years of study and experience."

List mates:

ABSOLUTELY.  I will never forget the gist of Kenny Davern's patient (for
him) response to a fan who said to him after a concert: "You are
sensational, it must be wonderful to have such a gift."  Kenny as gently
as he could said something like; Yes, I appreciate the gift. Plus the
million hours of gigs and practice that honed it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone