[Dixielandjazz] Hearing with eyes - was million dollar question

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:42:50 -0400

Bill Gunter wrote: (After reading  >People LISTEN more with their eyes
than they do their ears

After thinking about that for a bit it occurred to me that I've noticed
funny phenomenon. Why is it that when the band starts playing a really
hot
chorus people get up to take pictures of them?

I've seen it enough times to know it's not just a coincidence. It's as
if
the chorus that's cooking says to people "Hey, you need to get a shot of

this!"

But when the picture comes back from the developer nobody ever looks at
it a
says, "Wow, what a hot chorus this band is playing!"

Bill & Listmates:

Of course a picture freezes an instant in time. The band is, at that
moment, not playing a hot chorus, but at best merely one note, and at
worst, a rest between notes. So the observers are quite correct.  :-)

Cheers
Steve Barbone