[Dixielandjazz] Lightning Rods, Factionalism and Monk

Plectrum Joe plecjo@netscape.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:29:49 +1000

We'll discuss this at the next meeting of the local chapter of Banjo
Players For A Brighter Future. With a mere four strings to form chords,
substitute chords take a bit of work  to be convincing. We are working
on the technique of using 4 banjos playing selected combinations of
notes, up to eleven notes at once and one an Octave apart to give the
extended voicings used in  recordings by Diz, Bird et.al.  Our practices
sound stunning in digital 3D surround sound.

keep forging ahead, ignore that tree

PJ