[Dixielandjazz] RICH TEXT

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:56:04 -0400

At 06:34 AM 7/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>With the new server, I notice that many messages are not in plain text,
>including one that I just sent and then realized that it was in rich text.
>Nothing has been "said" about it.  Is this OK to do now?
>Jane Lynch

eMail should be PLAIN TEXT only. Your eMail program as an options,
preferences, etc., someplace in the top menu. Somewhere in there is a
section for appearance, etc. Click on "Text". HTML and Rich Text take up
bandwidth that some folks have to pay for by the kilo; eMails in those
formats take up more space on hard drives; plain text is easier to read,
and there are other aspects.

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Sound Clips, public performances)
eMail: dwlit@cpcug.org