[Dixielandjazz] wow!

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:55:05 +0200

Just got back from having dinner out with my 2 youngest kids.... 21 yrs
old  (wife is in Dubl=EDn!).   First weekend in ages without a gig.  The
twins are back from college in Dulin & Boston, and are working for the
summer in Siemens, Spain.  Couldn't believe there were no messages from
DJML, so tried a test.   Nope, I guess all you guys are all off enjoying
the sun, or for the U.K. people, hiding from the rain, or for the
Australians...asleep!  Drag.  Could have got in a great discussion about
anything other than how bands dress.......

Start 3 days in a local jazz club on Monday, then a hotel gig on Thurs.,
Friday nite off, then a plane to the Med. Isle of Mallorca for a gig on
Sat. Private cocktail party for a huge crowd of 25!  Wife back home on
Sunday a few hrs after I land back in Madrid.  One more gig at end of
July, then the whole month of August with nothing.  I can go for about
10 days, then tunes start popping up in my head at the oddest times.
It's like a curse that won't go away, until I start gigging again!
Camping on the northern beaches of Spain with my wife, oldest son, wife
& kid from Seattle in early August, then the Sept gigs begin.  Life goes
on........  Summer is always sorta disjointed & weird.....

Jim