[Dixielandjazz] Bob Schulz this Sunday in Sac at Dante Club

Charlie Hooks charliehooks@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:11:55 -0500

    Nancy and listmates:

    I don't know Bob Schulz's birth month, so he could have been born in
either 38 or 39.  All I kow is that he used to sing "My jelly Roll is cold/
It's 40 years old" in the same year I turned 50.

    But my point about all the girls:  playing beside me at Flaming Sally's
he looked like a very handsome curley haired kid, maybe 20 at the most; so
when the waitresses--mostly in their 30s--found out this "kid" was actually
40 years old, they swooped: Hey! He's not jail bait after all!  It was
hilarious.  Actually, I'm not sure Bob even noticed them that much; on the
other hand, as Fats Waller famously said: "one never know, do one?"

Charlie