[Dixielandjazz] What is a 'musician's musician'?

thodgson thodgson5@cogeco.ca
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:37:05 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Jazzjerry@aol.com <Jazzjerry@aol.com>

> as a non-musician the level of technical ability is much further down my
list of desired attributes than it is yours.
>Do other musicians / non-musicians agree with me thoughts?
>Jerry,

As a self-taught weekend warrior I must agree with you.  While I admire
those with technical skills far beyond my reach,  I much prefer to listen to
those who play with a feeling for the music.  Of course, there are great
ones who manage to excel in both technical ability  and emotional
interpretation.
If I had had a more orthodox musical education perhaps my preference would
lean the other way.....who knows?

Trevor Hodgson