[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Dress

Patrick Cooke patcooke@cox.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:04:31 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C2283C.3DC75E60

>>Armstrong's band had special made uniform-suits which they wore with =
bow ties.  Louis and the band always looked terrific.  I don't know how =
they did it with their traveling schedule and cleaning hassles.<< =20
      I was in the house band at the Deauville Hotel in Miami Beach in =
the early sixties.  Louis' band was there for a week.  I watched two =
shows every night for that week.  There were suits, all different, with =
regular ties.  The real biggies dress well, but not necessarily alike.
  Pat Cooke
  ----- Original Message -----=20