[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Dress

Russ Guarino russg@redshift.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:31:28 -0700

The point here is the difference between a 30 second TV spot and a  three or
four hour gig. The first should be uniformed and the second should be nicely
dressed, if not uniformly dressed.  TV is a VISUAL medium.  I hope this
comes across. Otherwise you will be disappointed with the results. You will
not create great music in 30 seconds that overcomes the visual impression.

Two hours after the 30 second TV spot ask your friends what they remember
about the presentation.  They will tell you about how the band looked.

Russ Guarino