[Dixielandjazz] Paris Venues

heist@att.net heist@att.net
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:45:58 +0000

Yeah, Dave,
How's it going?  On the left bank there is a really nice
club called the "London Tavern" (or at least there used
to be) and they used to have jazz there, small 4 to 5
piece groups...  I worked with a bass player who could
not speak ANY english, but we had a great time and he
sang Georgia On My Mind JUST like Ray Charles, but had
no idea what he was singing about, learned it
phonetically - I also worked up in Montmarte at a place
called Chez Eugenes, but that just has a piano...  Keep
me in mind and if you DO run into a place that needs a
piano player/entertainer LET ME KNOW!!!  I would LOVE to
love it there...   PS. the metro is the way to get
around!!! a real bargain....
Stubby
Denver, CO