[Dixielandjazz] Visual aspect

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:55:10 -0400

Captain Rapture <yup1275@pacbell.net> wrote: (snipped)

"was the glum musicians. . . .  The clarinet man, big and so very good,
looked sour and sometimes visibly angry. . . . That is not how to sell
your music"

Hear Hear!!!!  The nicest compliment Barbone Street gets, and we get it
all the time, especially at club dates is. "Wow, you guys are having so
much fun up there."  And we are. From what we play, to the beads we put
around the necks of those sweet young things, to oogling the women in
the joint. Man, what could be sweeter?

Just think, we could be retired, sitting on a couch in our shorts, beer
in one hand cigar in the other watching the "Man Show" on TV for kicks.
Nah!!!

Cheers,
Steve Barbone