[Dixielandjazz] Re: Visual aspect - rather long - BUT GOOD!!!

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 11:52:56 -0500

WOW!!! I spoke of appealing to "visual" and "auditory" types. Dave, here,
alludes to the "kinesthetic" types -- the "hands-on," emotional,
vibe-sensitive fans. Great entertainment needs to satisfy all three types.
With these words below, Captain Rapture is a Super Hero in my eyes:

> From: Captain Rapture <yup1275@pacbell.net>

> ...I was back there on bass, dancing and emoting and hollering...
> ...you do need to live the charm of your music.
> ...I'd nearly fall into a swoon after not breathing during my own solo.
> ...Something about real men showing no emotion. When you are up there
> performing a living work of art, it won't do to merely funnel your heart
> out through your axe. Real creative artists share their souls through
> every pore. It gives the audience more information. Reserve don't git it.
> ...We need to work to keep quality and then honestly deliver it with
> heart. ...If we stop hiding our hearts, we become real performers and what we
do is congruent - what we do fits together to the eye and the ear.