[Dixielandjazz] How many on DJML play?

Ron L'Herault lherault@bu.edu
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:16:33 -0400

Dan,

I currently play trombone and sing in two bands regularly, one other
occasionally and sub in at least one other band occasionally.

I collect antique phonographs, do repairs, and collect as many recordings in
any format I can as funds allow.

Ron L'Herault, in the Boston/Providence area.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Augustine" <ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 9:28 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] How many on DJML play?

> Folks--
>     I know there's no way to find this out, but i thought i'd ask anyway,
as i like to know what kind of audience i'm telling my lies to.
>     How many persons on this list play in a band, right now?  And how many
persons are on this list?
>     I would guess no more than a third of us are currently playing.  Sound
too low?  Too high?  What's your guess?
>     Of course, this question can be redefined endlessly, such as by asking
if people play full-time (and make all their money this way), used to play
(full time, half time?), play in a non-OKOM band, would like to play, etc.
ad nauseum.
>     I also suspect that a great number of us are avid collectors of OKOM
recordings, of various eras and styles, and that would be interesting to
know too, as we might find others interested in the same things.  I don't
have any great faith that we'll ever know this information, however.