[Dixielandjazz] RE.:unparalleled contribution to world culture

Tito Martino tmartino@terra.com.br
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:48:38 -0300

Trevor Hodgson, Canad=E1, commented:

<It certainly is USA's original and unparalleled contribution to world
culture, but, sorry to tell you it's no longer USA's very own music.  It
now
belongs to all of us.  Thanks for the gift.>

Salute to the Flag, honor to the Land, but I hasten to agree with
Trevor.=20
Thanks, many thanks, to Buddy Bolden, Louis Armstrong, Sidney Bechet,
Manuel Perez, Buddy Petit, Nick LaRocca, for releasing the birds but as
long they are flying, they belong to anybody and to everybody.

Jazz playing today (I mean OKOM, of course) belongs to Planet Earth
Culture, I remember playing in Breda/Holland with Russians from Uralsky
Dixielanders, we did't speak one word from each other national language,
but we did play in perfect harmony -  and SWING!

Tito Martino
cl,as,ss,leader,Tito Martino Jazz Band
Sao Paulo, Brazil=20