[Dixielandjazz] Whoops - accidental SIN

Ron Wheeler rwheeler@flex.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:50:21 +1200

Gordon wrote...

> No sooner than I hit the SEND button and realized that one of the "thou
shalt
> not's" on DJML is NO ATTACHMENTS.  Sorry.  If the attachment did not make
it
> through the list server and you are interested in the story on the origns
of
> TAPS, private post to me and I will send it along.
> Gordon

Gordon and all...

Sinful not only for the enclosure but also for the inaccuracy.  General Dan
Butterfield is widely accepted as the author of 'Taps' and many other bugle
calls used today.  For his story, see
http://www.computingcorner.com/holidays/vets/taps.html  You won't want to
stay too long on the page... It plays the bugle call endlessly.  Nice once,
OK two or three times, downright depressing more than that.

Cheers to all,

Ron [I'll take my bugle calls with Louis and 'Struttin' with some barbeque']
Wheeler
Wake Island