[Dixielandjazz] assistance please

Bob Romans cellblk7@attbi.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 22:59:04 -0500

Help!!!
-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Abell <cbanjola@softcom.net>
To: Bob Romans <cellblk7@attbi.com>
Date: Sunday, July 07, 2002 12:46 AM
Subject: Re: assistance please

I just received a phone call from a fellow banjoist (Nita Clark) who had
three instruments stolen from her car last night, July 5. She and her
husband live in Redding, CA and were on their way to visit their
daughter in San Diego. They stopped for the night at a motel in Turlock,
CA. Sometime during the night, someone broke into their car and stole
the following instruments:
1) B & D Silver Bell #1, plectrum - serial # is not yet available, but
the banjo was restored by Renee Karnes. As such, it carries a small
brass plate on the inside of the resonator, near the top that states,
"restoration by Renee."

2) R.C. Allen plectrum guitar - cutaway, archtop, binding top and
bottom, built in Piezo-type pick up. This is an extremely rare
instrument, as very few were ever built.
3) BBb tuba - small, no name, but there is a mark on the bell that looks
like "JS."
I realize that the indentification for the banjo and the tuba are spotty
at best, but that's all of the info available at this time. Will post
more info when/if it becomes available.

It's certainly a long shot, but if anyone sees or hears of instruments
matching the above descriptions (ebay, pawn shops, music stores, etc.),
please contact me at cbanjola.com, or the Turlock Police Department at
(209) 668-5550.
This sad notice may help serve as a reminder to all of us to be
extremely cautious with your instruments when traveling. Never leave
your axe(s) in your car if at all possible. If you're staying at a
motel, take them into your room with you.
Thanks for your help -

Kurt Abell