[Dixielandjazz] Judith Durham and the Hottest Band in Town

Richard Stevens jazzfact@ozemail.com.au
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 07:36:21 +1000

When they toured Judith's home territory here in Australia, the Local
city council at a country center called Horsham banned their
performance. The suggestive name of the band was cited as the reason!
The band had Judy's late husband piano player Ron Edgeworth and a hot
trumpeter Jim Goodwin. The last time I played the record it was at the
request of Simon Stribling who is a big fan of Jim Goodwin. Judith
actually started singing OKOM and switched when the Seekers took off
with folk stuff (which she did very well)
I wasn't aware that a cd had been made. Is there some release data?.
Richard Stevens
The Jazz Factory
www.ozemail.com.au/~jazzfact/