[Dixielandjazz] press review, CSJB

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:03:08 +0200

Since there has been so much talk lately about press reviews of bands,
or the lack of them, I would like to add that the Canal Street Jazz Band
gets fairly good press presence.  For instance, after a concert in a
lovely old theatre in Pamplona, we received half page reviews + photo in
TWO different local papers.  Some of the quips read:

........simply glows with dignity & shows a level of musicianship which
can be envied by 	many.
........have enough energy & connection so that the joy of jazz becomes
contagious to all 	present.
........with the CSJB it is impossible to be bored or consider that jazz
is for the intellectuals or 	the minority.
.........nothing to object to, but much to applaud.

One of the photos from those articles was so good, it will appear
(computer enhanced) on the cover of our next CD!

Jim