[Dixielandjazz] Vicious Attack

David Palmquist davidpalmquist@dccnet.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:05:31 -0800

The heyday of jazz would be the period between the world wars, I
think.  From dixieland through swing, but excluding the bop era.

I'm roughly the same age as you.  When I say it was never superpopular,
it's based on the reactions of people I speak with who grew up in the
thirties.  Often they don't seem to have much respect for jazz, but on the
other hand, the people of that age I know are generally from somewhat
conservative backgrounds.

David in Delta