[Dixielandjazz] A little help from my friends!

Chris Calabrese chris@jazzpiano.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:19:48 -0800

Why would you want to list concert dates in alphabetical order and not
chronological order?

If you want something where visitors to your website can enter concert dates
themselves, you can use FrontPage to set up a Microsoft Access database to
store and sort the entries (this would require a web hosting service that
uses a Windows-based server, which most don't). The FrontPage Database
Wizard can probably get a rudimentary setup going. If you're going to enter
the dates yourself, it would be much easier to skip the database and use
HTML tables to display the data. Insert and delete rows to list and remove
concert dates as needed. FrontPage will let you edit tables quickly and
easily without having to edit the actual HTML code by hand. No sorting
capability with HTML tables of course, but if you're doing it yourself by
hand you can simply insert rows where you need them based on the order you
want them in (alphabetical or chronological).

Another option is to find a Perl or PHP script somewhere out there that fits
your needs. You may want to search http://www.hotscripts.com or
http://www.resourceindex.com; search for "calendar" and I'm sure you'll find
a bunch of possibilities (some cost money though).

~ Chris Calabrese