[Dixielandjazz] Palm Springs Yacht Club recording still available

Dick Baker dickbkr@goon.org
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:51:59 -0500

As you've learned from the expert comments of Bob Ringwald, Bill Gunter,
and others, the mystery recording I asked about a few days ago turned out
to be "Breezy Swing," by the Palm Springs Yacht Club.  The recording was
made in 1992 and still is being sold by Lee "Westy" Westenhofer
(westyworks@earthlink.net).  It turns out there are fifteen tunes on the
cassette (I just had ten); you can read more about it and hear some audio
samples at

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/1936/critiq/A/Psycbree.htm

but beware that the email address for Westenhofer on that page is incorrect
(the one above is current).

(As several of you have noticed, the MP3 files I put up for the purposes of
my inquiry are no longer there; I never intended to bootleg a recording
that still was available commercially, so I removed them as soon as I
learned of it.)

My thanks to those who solved our little mystery.

--
   Dick Baker - Falls Church, Virginia, USA
               dickbkr@goon.org