[Dixielandjazz] Re: Shirt Tail Stomp - more

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 19:54:05 +1100

Dear friends,
Just as well I have me mate Anton Crouch looking over my shoulder!!
I do indeed have one of the OTHER "Shirt Tail Stomp"s he mentions.
And yes, I did misspell the Hanapi Trio.
Further reading shows too that BG apparently was NOT the instigator of the 'send
up' versions of "Shirt Tail Stomp".
It was the record company contractor and Gil Rodin.
Apparently Rodin was away for the 18 January 1929 session by Jimmy Bracken's Toe
Ticklers and BG was in charge. The contractor did not like the 'straight'
versions organised by Benny for the date and they were remade on 15 March 1929.
The 3rd version I have is from March 1929.
I am still missing the 18 January 1929 side, which is on a Sunbeam LP, SB 141. I
believe that I have everything else on this LP except this (4th) "Shirt Tail
Stomp".
Kind regards,
Bill.