[Dixielandjazz] Shirt Tail Stomp-Finally!!

Andy.Ling@Quantel.Com Andy.Ling@Quantel.Com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:52:37 +0000

> There is yet another way to record (using software) anything being
played on
> your computer (such as the Real Audio files at redhotjazz.com). Download
> Goldwave from www.goldwave.com. It is shareware and will record what is
> being played through your sound card.

And another way...

You can always use the sound recorder that comes with windows.

I did some investigation of recorders a few months back when I wanted
to record some internet radio stuff. What I concluded was...

What follows is for Windows PC users only so others can delete now.

First you have to set your record source correctly.
If you open the "Volume Control" application and select
"Options->Properties" you get a pop-up.
Select recording and then in the bottom window there are some tick boxes.
On some versions
of windows there is a "What you hear" box and others (Win2K) there is a
"Stereo Mixer" box.
Select this as the recording source. Now you can use anything you like to
do the recording.

A few programs I found that are worth a mention,

Total Recorder - Is cheap and easy to use.

RecAll - this has a really good timer facility to let you record in the
middle of the night etc.

Loop Recorder - this lets you set up a (e.g) 10 minute loop then if you
hear something you like you can hit the save button. Otherwise it just
gets recycled.

All of these can be found at http://download.cnet.com/downloads/ Just search for the program name.

Hope that helps

Andy Ling