[Dixielandjazz] Shirt Tail Stomp-Finally!!

Jrtnft@aol.com Jrtnft@aol.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:45:42 EST

Well, I finally found it!

A few years ago, I posted that I had loaned a record to a friend and stupidly
hadn't taped it first. Then we lost touch and the record's gone.

It had a never before released Shirt Ta1l Stomp made in 1929 by a bunch from
Ben Pollack's band during a break in the big band recording session, and I
loved it.

So I asked if anyone had that. Got back a bunch of replies re: that tune, but
none were (was? BG/CH?) the version I was looking for.

Well, it's on Red Hot Jazz and I listened to it a bunch yesterday while
trying to figure out how to download it to put it on a CD.  Never figured out
how to do that, but enjoyed trying.

So my question is, how does one download from Red Hot Jazz to put something
on CD?

I could run it to a cassette recorder, but that seems so primitive now that I
have a CD burner in my laptop :-)

Anyone that wants to listen can find it at:
       http://www.redhotjazz.com/bensbadboys.html

Not a bad bunch; includes Ray Bauduc, Vic Briedis, Benny Goodman, Jimmy
McPartland, Glen Miller, Ben Pollack

If you listen, catch the cornet growl just as they double the tempo.  What a
hoot!!

Thanks,

Jack Thomas