[Dixielandjazz] Carrot wine?

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 13:38:48 EST

In a message dated 22/12/02 06:04:19 GMT Standard Time, a.crouch@unsw.edu.au
writes:

<< Pat Ladd suggests that Shakespeare refers to "carrot wine" in King Henry
 the 6th, part 2. Aarrggh indeed!

 Marry, 'tis not so  >>

Omyghaaad !  Shamed  before the entire world !
I have gone through most of my life convinced that it was `carrot wine`.  My
Shakespeare must have been the cheap paperback edition. The one where they
couldn`t afford a proof reader.

While on my knees admitting my shortcomings I must also confess that in my
bit a couple of days ago I blithely stated that in Green Grow the Rushes Ho!
the `Five for the symbols at your door` line referred to the 5 cockleshells
displayed over the door indicated that a pilgrimage had been carried out to
St. James Church in Compostella.
I meant of course `scallops` not cockles. Stupid man.
Mea Culpa!  I shall run around the Christmas Tree seven times shouting `Hail
Mary ` the while.

Thank you Anton. You have dashed a lifetime of illusion. Merry Christmas!

Cheers

PatL

Later addition.
 Retribution has already fallen on my head.
I have a gig on Jan 3rd. My first since August. I have just carried my drum
kit in from the garage and set it up in the front room for a bit of practice
confident that I can leave it set up until Christmas Eve when the guests
arrive.
The first wave have just rung. They are arriving TODAY . Two adults and two
grandchildren. I have just dissasembled the kit, put it back in its various
cases and carried it all back to the garage . My practice is shot. I have had
to hurriedly finish building the pram wheeled go cart which I was
constructing for the grandchildrens Christmas present. The quiet evening I
was planning in front of the TV is out of the window.
 I was looking forward to the last quiet meal before the festivities, with 9
visitors, commences. No such luck.

Exit stage left. Leaping in the air and gibbering.

I suspect I shall not get back to the computer until Christmas is over so I
will take this opportunity of wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a
Prosperous and gig filled New Year.
To all those who are not allowed, by order of the Politically Correct Police,
to say Happy Christmas in case it offends some minor cult I say Happy
Holiday, Seasons Greetings and other milk and water inoffensive phrases.

PatL