[Dixielandjazz] Hold Harmless Agreements

Charlie Hull charlie@easysounds.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:50:42 -0800

Over 55 years of booking gigs I've had four instances of requirement for a
Hold Harmless clause.  It basically says if any of your players get hurt or
hurt somebody else they won't be held responsible; the contractor will.  I
have a standard clause as Attachment A, incorporated by reference, which I
use in such situations without any qualms.  Each time it was a corporate gig
and a corporate requirement.  Last one was Del Webbs Sun City, for whose
marketing department I contracted dozens and dozens of engagments over a
four year period, from groundbreaking to sale of the model homes.

I carry liability insurance so didn't worry about the clause.

Charlie Hull