[Dixielandjazz] Mouthpieces are personal?

Elazar Brandt jazzmin@actcom.net.il
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:17:53 +0200

Now that I'm playing Sousaphone out on Jerusalem's pedestrian mall (since I have
a partner who plays banjo), I get a lot of requests from passers-by to try my
horn. I tell them they can try it if I can kiss their girlfriend/wife. They seem
to get the idea, because so far nobody has taken me up on the offer. Now I've
got to figure out what to tell them when they want to try my banjo! We do,
however, bring a washboard for people to play along with us. Is there any reason
not to let a stranger play your washboard?

Elazar Brandt
Ministry of Jazz
Crazy Rhythm Jazz Band
Jerusalem, Israel