[Dixielandjazz] Re: I didn't know this-Did you?

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:59:58 EST

kayewade@earthlink.net writes:

Hi Kaye

No I did not know that
. How very interesting.  Continuing in the same vein you will probably know
the song `Green grow the rushes Ho!  I`ll sing you one O etc., You also
probably know all the lines  7 for the 7 stars in the sky and 6 for the six
proud walkers and so on interminably. I only found out the other day that " 5
for the symbols at your door" refers to the 5 cockle shells which were
displayed by those who had been on the pilgrimage to Compostella in Spain to
the Church of St James (or Jack)
I expect all you regular church goers knew that anyway. Me, I am more
interested in Coquille St Jacques.

Cheers

PatL