[Dixielandjazz] Save the Dates - Blatent Commercial

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:29:09 -0500

If you are going to be anywhere near the Philadelphia, PA USA area over
the next few months come on by and say hello to the Barbone Street Jazz
Band. Listed are special appearances of the band in addition to our
normal club dates, parties and events.

Jan 25 - Sat -Fort Washington Convention Center Concert 6 to 10 PM

Feb 16 - Sun - Longwood Gardens Valentine Concert 2:30 to 3:30 PM. In
the atrium of this world renowned botanical garden.

Feb 19 - Wed - West Chester University Jazz Festival Concert 8 to 10:00
PM Theme is women in jazz so we'll bring the best female jazz singer in
Philadelphia with us. Our 8th annual appearance here.

Mar 1 - Sat - Sydney's Jazz Cafe, Rehoboth Beach DE, Mardi Gras.
Acknowledged as one of the top 100 Jazz Clubs in the USA. This is always
a great party. 9:30 PM to 1 AM.

Mar 4 - Tue - Mardi Gras at Iron Hill Breweries in 3 Delaware Valley
locations. 3 full versions of BSJB. 6 to 9 PM.

Mar 26 - Wed - 2 venues with the Berks Jazz Festival in Reading PA.
Brunch at Boscov's plus an evening venue at Lincoln Plaza Hotel, their
New Orleans night. We share the evening with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.
Last year we played there with The Preservation Hall Jazz Band after our
successful solo appearance the year before. Now they have New Orleans
night in the middle of this 10 day Modern/Cool./Blues Jazz Fest. We are
proud to have convinced them to add OKOM 3 years ago, and proud that it
has taken root. Festival has 50+ venues and 150+ performances, except
for us, no OKOM.

Mar 28 - Fri - Unionville High School free concert sponsored by the
Hadley Fund. 8 PM to 10 PM. Hadley Fund sponsors "arts" presentations.
The following month, they will have a lecture by the Jazz Director of
the Smithsonian Institution. They have also sponsored lectures by Martin
Luther King, Robert Bork, Beverly Sills and others.

Mar 29 - Sat - 2 more venues in Reading at the Berks Jazz Festival.
Doing a total of 4 OKOM concerts for them this year, because of
successes in the past at the Festival and at the band shell in Reading.

Basically, the above dates are in places that do not feature OKOM on a
regular basis, except for our band. There is a lot of OKOM work
available in these kinds of venues and they are ideal places to get new
fans.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone