[Dixielandjazz] Chuck Hedges and Legere Reeds

BillSargentDrums@aol.com BillSargentDrums@aol.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:58:40 EST

--part1_7c.32d7360f.2b308790_boundary

In a message dated 12/16/02 7:59:26 PM Central Standard Time,
Bobngayenewman@aol.com writes:

> Chuck Hedges plays exclusively on Legere reeds and loves them. I can't think
> of a better recommendation for them.

Chuck and I are close in Milwaukee. We do some work together and he plays a
couple of clubs within blocks of my home.

When my daughter was going to take up clarinet, I went to Chuck to ask what I
should set her up with.

He told me to get her a plastic Vito with a Van Doren M13 mouthpiece and he
was singing praises of this Legere reed. So, of course, I took his advice to
the letter.

Although Kimberly never gained any kind of prowess on this instrument before
moving over to piano and drums, she had the best sound of anyone in the
school.

I would recommend those reeds to anyone.

Hope this helps!
Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargent.com

--part1_7c.32d7360f.2b308790_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 12/16/02 7:59:26 PM Central Standard Time, Bobngayenewman@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Chuck Hedges plays exclusively on Legere reeds and loves them. I can't think of a better recommendation for them.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Chuck and I are close in Milwaukee. We do some work together and he plays a couple of clubs within blocks of my home.<BR>
<BR>
When my daughter was going to take up clarinet, I went to Chuck to ask what I should set her up with.<BR>
<BR>
He told me to get her a plastic Vito with a Van Doren M13 mouthpiece and he was singing praises of this Legere reed. So, of course, I took his advice to the letter.<BR>
<BR>
Although Kimberly never gained any kind of prowess on this instrument before moving over to piano and drums, she had the best sound of anyone in the school.<BR>
<BR>
I would recommend those reeds to anyone.<BR>
<BR>
Hope this helps!<BR>
Bill<BR>
414-777-0100<BR>