[Dixielandjazz] Song Bird

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:31:04 -0800 (PST)

A woman walks into a pet store wanting to buy a songbird. As she's
looking.  she hears this bird singing beautifully and as if in a trance
she follows the sound of the song.  There in the cage is this cheerful
songbird happily singing her little heart out.

A sign reads, "One-thousand dollars for the pair."  She looked deeper
into the cage and way in the back she saw this other haggard bird with
it's head down, shaking it left to right.

The clerk came over and the woman said, "How much for just the
songbird?"

The clerk said, "I'm sorry, you'll have to buy the pair."

The woman said, "But that other bird is so haggard and looks so
depressed and he's hanging his head and shaking it back and forth.  This
bird is so happy and singing so beautifully.  Why do I have to buy that
other bird?"

The clerk said,

"Because he's the arranger."